Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's real!

All day yesterday I was worried that I wasn't really pregnant and the line I saw on Monday was an evaporation line, aka false positive since I saw after the ten minute mark. This all started because I took another test yesterday morning and did not really see a line.

Yesterday afternoon I did some research on pregnancy tests and their sensitivities. Most tests detect 25mIU/ml, which is what the cheapies I was using detected. There is one test, however, which detected 12.5mIU/ml and that was the First Response Early Result test. Once I get to the store I want to make sure what I found was true but NONE of the boxes had the sensitivity written on it! I think it's crazy that the dollar store brand will tell you sensitivity but the namebrand tests don't!

Anyways...enough of this rambling. I ended up with the First Response test. I took it this morning and a faint line started to show within a minute and by the time Shawn got in the bathroom a couple of minutes later is was obviously positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment