Friday, March 15, 2013

Twice weekly NSTs here we come...

We had an ultrasound this morning and this is how it went....once I finally got there because I was running 10-15 minutes late. I HAD to go back to the house for my CD because I wanted my pictures put on it! The tech did the ultrasound and the growth numbers are still two weeks behind where they should be. I wasn’t too worried since she has been consistent with her growth. The doctor finally came in(after what seemed to be an unusually long wait...it always seems they take longer when there's bad news)and was concerned with the growth or possible placental issues down the road. When he first came in he asked when the first ultrasound was and since it was less than twelve weeks my due date is accurate (well duh! I did IVF of course my due date is accurate!). The good news is that she had a perfect score today (8/8 but don't ask me what goes into the score)and the heart beat (136 bpm) and umbilical blood flow sounded great but the bad news is that theamniotic fluid is on low side of adequate (I’m trying to drink more, I promise!). The doctor recommended an ultrasound in three weeks and Non-Stress Tests twice a week until I deliver. The NSTs are where they hook my up to the monitor that monitors contractions during labor. The next ultrasound is scheduled for April 8. My next appointment with my regular doctor is on Tuesday so I’ll find out more about the NSTs then. They will either be done in her office, the hospital, or where my ultrasounds are done. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to do twice a week every week, so I’m hoping they’ll be ok with once a week. I think my days off just became full! I hope these NSTs wont be early in the morning and I can sleep in at least! He also said that it may be recommended that I deliver at 37-38 weeks if her growth slows, her scores go down, or if there are placental issues. She would still be considered full term at that point. He also estimated her to gain 0.5 pounds a week putting her at about 6.5 pounds at birth. They estimated her at about 3.5 pounds today. I've been doing some thinking since my last ultrasound and she has always measured about two weeks behind.  She's measured small ever since they started measuring her during the second ultrasound and the placenta was a tad on the small side if I remember right (I have slept and had multiple doctor appointments since then). I guess we will see what happens when it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment