Today is the day! I'm 10 weeks, so that means my last shot is tonight at 9:30! I'm so excited that I wont have to do anymore after today. And I'm sure Shawn will be glad he doesnt have to give me anymore. I started taking Progesterone right after the egg retrieval and my sore bottom will be glad that this is the last dose!
Anyone who goes through IVF has to take Progesterone until 10-12 weeks (depending on the doctor) because all the hormones pumped into the body to make all the eggs messes up the Progesterone production during the beginning of pregancy. AFfter a certian point the placenta should start taking over the Progesterone production, which is around 8 weeks or so from my understanding.
My next appointment will be with my regular doctor next Thursday. I hope she does an ultrasound but they werent sure if they would since I had one done two weeks prior. I will have one done the next week for sure because I am going to have the First Trimester Screening done.
No comments:
Post a Comment