Monday, October 1, 2012

8 weeks 5 days

I should update this more frequently but I havent really had exciting baby news.  I havent really had morning sickness unless I'm hungry and can usually fix that with a few bites of something.  I really dont have much to post unless it's a doctor appointment day, like today!

Today was my last appointment with the fertility specialist.  My next appointment is in two weeks with my regular OBGYN and the week after that I have my first trimester screen.  I'm not sure if my appointment in two weeks will involve an ultrasound or not and the receptionist wasnt sure either so I am booked in the ultrasound room.  The first trimester screen will involve an ultrasound and some bloodwork testing for Down's syndrome and a couple other things.  It's optional and another ultrasound so I decided to have it done.

Today the heart rate was 179 so it might be a girl after all.  Cant wait till we find out!  I dont care either way!  I already have nurseries and names picked out for both.  The gestational sac was still measuring small but that's not unusual with the ultrasound machine.  The crown rump length was measuring 8 weeks and 4 days, only one day off, so I think that's pretty good.  I could also hear the heart beat this week and it was pretty cool.  Disappointed Shawn couldnt make it but he's missed quite a bit of work lately.  I did schedule the screening appointment for first thing in the morning so he can go if he would like. 

I got confirmation today that I will continue my shots until I'm 10 weeks, so the countdown in on!  1 week and 2 days left of the shots!  Yay!  I also have enough to make it through, so I dont have to worry about ordering more and wasting a lot of progesterone.

Here's this week's picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment