I dont know what's going on with M but she has been cranky! She cried a LOT at my parents Memorial Day weekend (plus the week before), she wont let me put her down during the week, and she sometimes spits up a LOT! Yes, I know a small amount soaked into a shirt or blanket can look like a lot but when you actually see it come out of the mouth it seems like a large amount!
I started with gas drops...hard to tell if they helped or not because she as always tooting up a storm (she takes after her daddy). After a few days I went out and got gripe water. It seemed to help sometimes. I was also following reflux precautions- feeding her upright, having her upright for 20 mins after feeds, and trying not to jiggle her around too much after feeds. It seemed to help at first but this last weekend she was extremely cranky again!
Monday morning I decided to call for a doctor appointment. Her doctor said that reflux shouldnt bother her because the pH in her stomach isnt that high but we can try some medicine and see what happens. We started Axxid yesterday and she seems to be doing better. She's not as cranky. Still spitting up but it doesnt seem to be as much. The doctor also said that being on the tummy with a 30* incline also helps, which she does like being on her tummy at times and now I know why. He also said reflux isnt an issue unless it's causing poor weight gain or aspiration pneumonia, which arent issues for M! She's up to 8 lbs 6 oz! She's huge!
He also checked out her umbilical hernia and said it was extremely small. I'm just ready for it to go away! It just looks awful. I'm hoping it will go away before the one year more. And no taping a coin to her belly wont help.
No comments:
Post a Comment