Friday, July 6, 2012

There goes a vein

Had my first appointment bright and early this morning.  I decided to be a part of the research study because it only involves a few extra tubes of blood and may help improve IVF in the future.
After that I walked over to work and talked my boss.  I am so glad she is willing to help me out, so I can make it to my appointment on time on Wednesday.  I'm also glad that Shawn doesn't have to be at the appointment either.  It is strongly recommended that he be there since we go over lots of stuff but it will all be on paper so it's ok for him to miss it.  Shawn has class next week and that's more important right now because we want him to graduate in December!

Before leaving the campus I stopped by the lab to have more blood drawn.  I must say that I prefer getting my blood drawn in the clinic than the lab because my vein is now blown...I'm glad I didn't show the phlebotomist the good one!  I had to get Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) drawn and it couldn't be drawn in the clinic.
I did a little research to find out about AMH and why it would be drawn.  My understanding is that it reflects the remaining egg supply and helps give an idea of how successful the IVF cycle may be.  The higher the number, the more eggs, therefore a better chance at a successful cycle.  However, it's it's extremely high it could be because of PCOS.

Later on in the afternoon I went to pick up the birth control and what a hassel that was.  First, it was called in to the wrong CVS but that was fine because they were able to find it for me.  I was told it was currently being filled, so I stopped at the back and Hobby Lobby.  I get there an hour later and they were still working on filling it...it was called in yesterday afternoon, so it should have already been done but whatever.  I finally get my meds and it was only $10!  I was excited because it's going to be the cheapest med I have.  I now have my phone alarm set to remind me to take them the same time every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment