Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Consult

I felt like today was a waste of money.  And the consult cost us a LOT more than last time because of the insurance switch.  I need to start looking into what our new insurance covers!

Today we talked about our options.  We could continue with a few more cycles of IUI's but we most likely wouldnt get pregnant because the success rate decreases with the more you have.  We also talked about IVF, the process and the cost.  I think we're going to start saving for that and looking into that option more.  He said that our fertility status shouldnt change in soon, so we could save for a year or so before we come back.

In the mean time, I have gotten Shawn a consult with another urologist.  It will make me feel better to have a second opinion since I felt like the first one blew us off.  We will most likely not get any new answers but it will give me peace of mind.

I have also told my parents about what's been going on.  It will be nice to have some more support in our family.  More friends know what's going on than family and I'm ok with that.

Also, what I thought could be implantation spotting ended up lasting a week before AF finally showed up.  It was awful!  I dont know if it had anything to do with the B6 or stress (I really didnt feel stressed) but I really hope it doesnt happen again!

I plan to continue with the B6.  It's not hurting anything so why not.

I plan to update the blog periodically but not sure how frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment