I would like to say the shot was easier today but I dont know if that would be the truth. I know I didnt stare at it for as long before poking myself and it definitely burned like crazy going in! Plus this time it bled a little. I have never liked shots and my mom would always take me to Sonic after I got my shots. I think I will deserve a lot of Sonic after this experience!
I guess I should explain the study a little more and the other options I could have been selected to receive. From what I understand this study is trying to find the best med that will result in pregnancy with the least amount of multiples and also the effectiveness of these meds. I'm not the best of deciphering research lingo, so this is my most educated guess from what I looked at on clinicaltrials.gov. The meds in this study are typically used to induce ovulation in women who regularly ovulate but have had problems conceiving.
The three meds in the study are Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid), Letrozole (Femara), and Gonadotropin (Menopur). The first two are the oral meds and the last one is the injectable med. Also, the Clomid and Menopur are FDA for infertility treatments, where as the Femara is not FDA approved for infertility and is "investigational". The study will last four cycles unless I get pregnant before then.
When I become pregnant I will occasionally be seen at this clinic, for them the monitor my pregnancy along with visits with my regular doctor. Guess we'll figure this out when we get there. I also consented to have them follow my child for the first three years, but it should be just phone surveys. Something else to figure out when when we get to that point.
All I have to say is that I am thankful for this opportunity, even though I have to poke myself nightly. But I must say I am secretly glad to be chosen for the shot because as least I know what med I am getting. If I was selected for one of the pills I would not know what I had received until the study concluded next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment