Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Elevated screening numbers

This morning I got a message from the Genetics Counselor for me to call her back.  I knew right then something was up because the last time when all my numbers came back great the nurse just left a message saying that everything checked out okay.

Finally, when she called me back the Down's Syndrome and Trisomy 18 went down to a 1:5,000 chance but my AFP numbers were slightly elevated.  The AFP is looking at open neural tube defects, i.e. spina bifida.  My number was 2.87 and the cut off is 2.5.  I was told not to worry because it's slightly elevated and I already have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday.

Today I was told I'm crazy because I'm more excited about seeing my friend on Thursday and getting to eat some BTT for breakfast with her on Friday.  Dont get me wrong...I'm excited about seeing the baby on Friday but I dont care if it's a boy or girl so I'm not on pins and needles waiting to find out.  My friend also gets to see the baby with us!  I cant wait till I can feel the baby moving because then I would know it's still there.

We're slowly working on rearranging the house.  Instead of moving around one room for the nursery we have to rearrange three rooms!  The office is going to become the girls' room, the girls' room is going to become the nursery, and the office is being moved to the dining room.  I also added a small bookcase to our bedroom for my books.  What a pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment