Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Insurance and Grants/Scholarships

Today I was told of some girls who had the same insurance company as me who had one IVF cycle covered up to $10,000.  At lunch I decided to do some investigating only to find out no infertility treatments are covered on our plan.  I also call the the prescription people but I had to have medication names and dosages to find out if they would be covered. 

My work also has adoption assistance (which I completely forgot about) up to $10,000 but nothing for infertility assisstance.  I hate how infertility treatments are rarely covered.  It's a real medical issue and not everyone can afford it!  I know there are some people out there trying to get some legislation to get all that changed.  I'm sure there are many couples out there who are forced into Child-Free Living because they can't afford any infertility treatments because it's not covered by their insurance.  That completely sucks and is not right!

I also decided to check out the Resolve website (www.resolve.org) again and check out the Grants/Scholarships section.  I found one grant/scholarship that is currently accepting applications that I would be willing to apply to.  The others either had no info for the 2012 program or needed a letter from the doctor (I am outgoing enough of a person to ask for this letter).  I think I will work on filling out this application over the weekend and get it sent in ASAP.  You never know...we may get it but I'm a glass half empty girl now when it comes to our fertility stuff, so I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment